Monday, July 7, 2008

Safety is everything

I'm a little worried about having the scooter in Pottstown.
Recently the house in front of my apartment (which is also rented) was broken into, and my boyfriend's car had its window smashed by some petty criminals while it was parked right outside my window, and while I was awake. (Never caught the guys.)
I'm a little worried, what with gas prices and all, that someone's going to come along and spot it and break in to the garage and steal it.
My boyfriend is smart and removes the battery on his motorcycle when he's not using it. You can't move it without the battery or the key.
But I don't think the scooter battery is that accessible. It's also not very heavy, so someone could easily carry it away, well, two people.
I'm hoping that we can pimp it up enough that it would be hard to miss, but if someone's determined enough they can hide it and strip it.
We're considering getting an alarm on the door so at least it will alert the neighbors, or us, if someone tries to break in to the garage.
My boyfriend got me this gigantic chain to secure it with when I take it out.
I don't want to find myself at the Walmart with several bags and scooterless because of some jerk who couldn't bother to find a piece of junk scooter of his own and fix it up.

No comments: