Monday, July 28, 2008

A questionable statement

I was reading the news this morning when I came across an AP report out of Philadelphia, and I was kind of taken aback by a statement in the story.
It's about the reaction of Ohio State University's president to the death of his son-in-law after a scooter crash in Philly. He apparently died. The president, Gordon Gee, said his daughter was undergoing rehabilitation for injuries she suffered in the crash.
According to Philly.com, Gee's daughter, Rebekah, was on the back of the Vespa scooter she and her husband were driving in Bryn Mawr when they crashed into an SUV.
This is the part that bothers me. In the AP story, it says, "Gordon Gee says she got into bed with her husband at the end so Moore died in 'a magnificent way.'"
What? Is that implying what I think it is?
I don't know, no matter how much I loved a man, that I could do that at the END.
Kinda creepy.

No comments: