Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Apprehension rises

After a road trip to Maryland and a daylong reassembly the sooter's mostly ready.
I feel like such a slacker cause my boyfriend did most of the work while I was at work. But I helped near the end to keep him calm and help with some tight spots. (Small hands are useful sometimes.)
It looks pretty chic with its line of checkers down the side. Though I don't have a photo of the front. Looks cool from the back too.

My boyfriend took it around the block for a trial run after we got most of the parts on. The gas gauge doesn't really work. Read E even though it had gas in it. Might need a new one of those.
It seemed to move pretty good. Didn't think it would go that fast. Ed said it went up to 60, but that's as high as the speedometer WILL go.
Ed had me practice walking beside it as it ran because I was nervous about riding it right off. I have this fear that I will turn the throttle when I'm trying to brake and cause myself to skyrocket into something, like a telephone pole or garbage can.
My boyfriend said I needed to practice keeping my fingers over the brakes. There are levers on both the right and left sides. The right controls the front brakes and the left the back. You don't want to grab just one or the other cause it will make you slide.
That didn't calm me much cause it's one more thing I could screw up and killed by.
So I had to practice braking cause I forgot as I was walking along and grabbed the throttle when it started going too fast.
We're supposed to go out to the old Rickels parking lot on North Charlotte tomorrow and I'm going to take my first ride. I'm a little nervous that I'm either going to get really hurt or destroy this scooter my boyfriend has been working so hard on.
Wish me luck!

No comments: