Saturday, May 8, 2010

Open face ain't so great

After a couple weeks of use I have to say the open face scooter helmet isn't the greatest. I don't have a windscreen on my Vino so I get everything blowing in my face.

My open face helmet has a visor that is shaded for the sun, but the air can fly right up underneath carrying bugs and dirt with it. And forget about riding at night. It don't help at all to have a shaded helmet.

I tried using the pilot goggles I got my boyfriend, but you have to pull them over the helmet since putting them on first will compromise the helmet's fit, which reduces its ability to stay on your head and protect your noggin.

So I've resorted to sunglasses, but once again night is a problem. I'm trying to figure out a solution. But I think the only one I have is shelling out a hundred bucks for a windscreen.

Until then I'm back to using the full face helmet. I must say it made riding long distances easier this week. I don't understand how people can ride without a helmet or face protection. It's annoying.

1 comment:

pro scooters mart said...

In scooter riding we use open face helmets and all kinds of stuff flies in our faces. Last year at Nitro Circus riders started to use bandannas over their faces and that seemed to help a little bit.