Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick days are no fun


It was a beautiful almost spring day today and where was I but stuck inside sick. Thanks to someone or something I came down with some kind of stomach bug on Saturday that left me delirious and unable to eat for two days and weak in the legs today. But thanks to Dannon I'm feeling better and starting to be able to digest food again.

Since I am stuck inside, and since it is getting nearer to scooter season I decided to share with you a photo of my lovely new helmet, a Christmas present from my boyfriend Evil Ed.

The helmet is from Nexx and has a leather outer covering over a hard shell that actually wraps around your jawbone when you tighten the straps, which protects your mandibular way better than the average open-face helmet. I felt as safe wearing is as my full face helmet, and it's nice that it has the shaded eye covering if needed. You can also buy a clear one if you want to wear it at night.
It pretty much covers my nose, but that doesn't make it bug proof. Heck, not even a full face helmet is bug proof, as I can attest to after getting a couple up my nose riding one-up on my boyfriend's Honda 599 last year.

It is xsmall, but my boyfriend was worried about it being too loose. (Didn't feel that way to me.) But fit is really important with an open-face helmet since it can fly off a lot easier if it doesn't fit right, and there goes your noggin'.

I'll let you know how it wears.


No comments: