Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Memories in stone

I'm listening to a broadcast on NPR about memories, and how every time we remember something, it changes from what actually occurred, so that what we remember, years later, is likely far removed from what happened. And they said there was no way to set a memory in stone because it is so colored by the present and what has come after. But I thought, haven't they forgot about the safest way to keep a memory pure? Right it down!
I'm hoping that the memories that I keep here, in a public domain, have some value for someone farther down the road, the way that journals of past cultures and eras do.
I want it to give people the most accurate understanding that I could get of a moment or situation.
Hopefully I do that hope justice.
So I'd better get cracking on that blog about my travels in France.

No comments: